Avangate, an e-commerce provider, has signed a partnership with Tuji Group, a Chinese technology and marketing company, to expand its presence in the Asia-Pacific region.
Michael Ni, cash management officer and senior vice-president for marketing and products at Avangate, said:
“The Asia-Pacific region represents a major portion of the global software market, with China and Japan representing over USD293bn of the world’s IT spend.”
According to Ni, China alone is projected to surpass the US to be the world’s largest e-commerce market by 2015.
Moreover, China has already surpassed the US in terms of number of cards usage, with more than 2.4bn credit and debit cards in circulation, according to Mercator Advisory Group research.
James Wei, vice-president of Tuji Group said:
“Avangate’s SkyCommerce solution offers a unique combination of technology and services targeted at the fast-growing software and SaaS industry in Asia. We are excited by this opportunity to collaborate with Avangate to address this increasingly critical market.”
Alongside with the partnership, Avantage has announced the launch of advanced support and new capabilities to encourage vendors’ penetration into the Asia-Pacific markets.
Avangate said it has added localization capabilities to its SkyCommerce solution, such as:
- Chinese debit card processing, to enable vendors offering over 40 Chinese local payment options and cards;
- Konbini Payment Method for Japan, very popular payment methods for online purchases in Japan.
- Support for Yahoo! Wallet Japan, which has over 22m registered users, 8m of which are high-end Premium Members
- Hindi Ordering Language, spoken by more than 490m worldwide with the majority in India.
- Japanese Language Phone Shopper Support