The $333m venture financing of Bolt Financial was the payments industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2bn were announced globally in October 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 31.5% over the previous month of $2.92bn and a rise of 5.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.9bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $795.22m. At the country level, the India topped the list in terms of deal value at $776.5m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for payments industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in October 2021 was the US with 14 deals, followed by the India with six and Brazil with four.
In 2021, as of October, payments venture financing deals worth $23.34bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 399% year on year.
payments industry venture financing deals in October 2021: Top deals
The top five payments industry venture financing deals accounted for 66.7% of the overall value during October 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments venture financing deals stood at $1.34bn, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry venture financing deals of October 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Activant Capital Group,General Atlantic,Moore Strategic Ventures,Soma Capital,Tribe Capital,Untitled Investments and Willoughby Capital Holdings $333m venture financing deal with Bolt Financial
2) The $300m venture financing of Global Processing Services(GPS) by Advent International and Viking Global Investors
3) Andreessen Horowitz,Coinbase Ventures,Paradigm Ventures,Ribbit Capital,Sequoia Capital India AdvisorsLtd. and Tiger Global Management $260m venture financing deal with Bitcipher Labs
4) The $251m venture financing of Dreamplug Technologies by Coatue Management,Dragoneer Investment Group,DST Global Solutions,Falcon Edge Capital,Insight Partners,Marshall Wace,RTP Global – UK,Sofina,Steadfast Venture Capital and Tiger Global Management
5) Creation Investments Capital Management,IIFL Asset Management,Multiples Alternate Asset Management and Norwest Venture Partners XII $200m venture financing deal with Vastu Housing Finance