The $800m venture financing of Mollie was the payments industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $2.6bn were announced globally in June 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 26.2% over the previous month of $2.02bn and a rise of 145.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.04bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $897.48m. At the country level, the The Netherlands topped the list in terms of deal value at $800m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for payments industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2021 was the US with nine deals, followed by the India with seven and Australia with three.
In 2021, as of June, payments venture financing deals worth $11.88bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 318% year on year.
payments industry venture financing deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five payments industry venture financing deals accounted for 81.1% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments venture financing deals stood at $2.07bn, against the overall value of $2.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry venture financing deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alkeon Capital, Blackstone Growth, EQT Growth, General Atlantic, HMI Capital and TCV’s $800m venture financing of Mollie
2) The $750m venture financing of NU Pagamentos by Berkshire Hathaway, MSA Capital and Sands Capital Ventures
3) SoftBank Latin America Fund and Viking Global Investors’ $250m venture financing of PayClip
4) The $167m venture financing of Voyager Innovations by IFC Financial Institutions Growth Fund (FIG Fund), Kohlberg Kravis RobertsLP, PLDT and Tencent- Assets
5) Nityo Infotech, NTT Investment Partners Fund and Singapura Finance’s venture financing of MatchMove Pte. for $100m.