Led by $597.41m venture financing of Stripe, total payments industry venture financing deals worth $1.21bn were announced in North America in Q1 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 241.1% over the previous quarter and a rise of 83.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $657.94m.
North America held a 26.54% share of the global payments industry venture financing deal value that totalled $4.56bn in Q1 2021. With a 24.34% share and deals worth $1.11bn, the US was the top country in North America’s venture financing deal value across payments industry.
In terms of deal activity, North America recorded 37 deals during Q1 2021, marking an increase of 85.00% over the previous quarter and a rise of 59.14% over the last four-quarter average. The US recorded 30 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America payments industry venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five venture financing deals accounted for 76.3% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments venture financing deals stood at $922.41m, against the overall value of $1.21bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five payments deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allianz X, AXA, Baillie Gifford US Growth Trust, Fidelity Management & ResearchLLC, National Treasury Management Agency and Sequoia Capital’s $597.41m venture financing of Stripe
2) The $170m venture financing of Flutterwave by 9Yards Capital, Avenir Growth Capital, DST Global, Early Capital, Green Visor Capital ManagementLLC, Greycroft Partners, Insight Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Tiger Management and Worldpay
3) Drive Capital, Portag3 Ventures and TTV Capital’s $70m venture financing of Koho Financial
4) The $60m venture financing of Flywire Payments by Adage Capital Management, Advent International, Marshall Wace, Spark Capital, Sunley House Capital Management, Temasek Holdings (Private), The Goldman Sachs Group and Whale Rock Capital Management
5) Bain Capital Ventures, Blumberg Capital, Flourish Ventures and SignalFire Management Services’ venture financing of EarnUp for $25m.