North America’s payments industry saw a rise of 61.90% in deal activity during July 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Payment Reservations’ $750m acquisition of PayCertify, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 34 payments industry deals worth $1.4bn were announced for the region in July 2021, against the 12-month average of 21 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in July 2021 with 31 transactions, representing a 91.2% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with three deals capturing an 8.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s payments industry with $750m, followed by venture financing deals totalled $596.18m.
North America payments industry deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 73.9% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $995m, against the overall value of $1.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) PayCertify $750m acquisition deal with Payment Reservations
2) The $75m venture financing of MobileCoin by Future Ventures and General Catalyst Partners
3) Eco $60m venture financing deal with a16zcrypto,Activant Capital Group,L Catterton Management,Lightspeed Management Company,LionTree Partners and Valor Equity Partners
4) Pay with Privacy $60m venture financing deal with Bessemer Venture Partners,Commerce Ventures Management,Exor S.N (USA),Index Ventures (US),Rainfall Ventures,Stripes and Tusk Venture Partners
5) The $50m venture financing of PayStand by Industrious Ventures,King River Capital,NewView Capital,Opportunity Fund III and Transform Capital