QIWI Technologies, a subsidiary of payments provider QIWI, has announced the acquisition Taxiaggregator SaaS platform for an undisclosed amount.

Taxiaggregator provides payment solutions and data analytics tools for taxi companies and taxi drivers.

It helps taxi companies cut down costs by offering free of charge full-cycle automatisation of payment settlement processes with drivers.

Additionally, the platform enables drivers to view balances and order history from all aggregators consolidated in real time at a convenient interface. Drivers receive money via a single channel and get instant payouts after each trip.

Commenting on the deal, QIWI CEO Andrey Protopopov said: “This is a strategically important investment for us as it helps to cement our leading position on the market and build strong foundation for future growth.

“We believe deeper integration of our businesses will help to accelerate our growth, enrich our value proposition both for taxi companies and its drivers and deliver additional value to our shareholders.”

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Taxiaggregator project founder and CEO Alexander Merzlikin said: “I’m excited to become a part of QIWI team and to lead the project to a new height. The market is far from saturation and there are plenty of opportunities to make our unique offering even better.”

The latest deal forms part of QIWI’s strategy to enhance its value proposition in payment space for self-employed.

QIWI’s expertise and Taxiaggregator software and established customer relationships will act a basis for introduction of new value-added products.

Taxiaggregator currently serves around 2,800 taxi companies and over 308,000 drivers.

QIWI and GuruTaxi rolled out its Taxiaggregator SaaS platform for taxi market in 2019.

QIWI got its share in the Taxiaggregator project with investments made during the start-up phase and now its subsidiary, QIWI Technologies has announced the acquisition of the platform, other intellectual property along with the client base and the team of the project.

QIWI Technologies, as a result, is 80% owned by QIWI, while the remaining 20% is owned by Taxiaggregator founder Alexander Merzlikin.

Approved by the board of directors, the deal is expected to be finalised in 1Q 2022.

Merzlikin will continue with the development of the project and launch products for the taxi market within the QIWI team.

In April 2020, QIWI Platform, a unit of QIWI, secured a financial boost from Japan’s SBI Holdings.