View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
February 16, 2021

Austrian banking group RBI to acquire payments provider Akcenta

Austrian banking group Raiffeisen Bank International (RBI) has agreed to acquire Czech-based foreign exchange (FX) and payments provider Akcenta.

Free Report
img

Prepare for changes in the Payments market

 The Payments market has seen drastic changes in the past few years, with this only expected to continue. What does your company need to do to prepare for what’s to come? GlobalData’s Payment Trends for 2022 report explores the key trends in technology, consumer habits, and regulations shaping the market. We also identify the leading companies in this changing market, giving you a competitive market outlook. This report covers the impact of:
  • ESG
  • E-commerce
  • Mobile payments
  • Alternative payment rails (Real-Time Payments, Blockchain, BNPL)
  • Fraud & Cybersecurity
  • Regulations
Download the report now to learn essential strategies to maximize your growth in the face of rapid change.
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

The financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.

As agreed, RBI will acquire 70% of Akcenta and its Czech subsidiary Raiffeisenbank will buy the remaining 30% stake. However, Akcenta will not be integrated into RBI.

Akcenta provides FX and payment and hedging services to small and medium-sized businesses in central and eastern European countries such as the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Germany.

Overall, it counts more than 43,000 businesses as its clients including around 20,000 in Czech Republic.

At the end of last year, the company had total assets of around € 93m.

The acquisition will help RBI in bolstering its footprint in FX business in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).

RBI member of Management Board responsible for Markets & Investment Banking Łukasz Januszewski said: “Our aspiration is to grow our market share in both segments. The acquisition fits perfectly into our strategy both regarding business expansion and our digital journey by leveraging the experience of a successful disruptive market participant.

“Both Akcenta’s local customers as well as our own clients may expect further improvements in terms of technology and convenience, benefitting from combining the individual advantages offered by a classic provider such as our subsidiary banks in CEE and the business approach taken by Akcenta.”

The acquisition is expected to close by end of May, subject to regulatory approval.

Free Report
img

Prepare for changes in the Payments market

 The Payments market has seen drastic changes in the past few years, with this only expected to continue. What does your company need to do to prepare for what’s to come? GlobalData’s Payment Trends for 2022 report explores the key trends in technology, consumer habits, and regulations shaping the market. We also identify the leading companies in this changing market, giving you a competitive market outlook. This report covers the impact of:
  • ESG
  • E-commerce
  • Mobile payments
  • Alternative payment rails (Real-Time Payments, Blockchain, BNPL)
  • Fraud & Cybersecurity
  • Regulations
Download the report now to learn essential strategies to maximize your growth in the face of rapid change.
by GlobalData
Enter your details here to receive your free Report.

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Wednesday.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Electronic Payments International