Total payments industry venture financing deals worth $855.7m were announced in Asia-Pacific in September 2021, led by $200m venture financing of Airwallex, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 10.1% over the previous month of $777.5m and a rise of 124% when compared with the last 12-month average of $382.11m.
Asia-Pacific held a 30.45% share of the global payments industry venture financing deal value that totalled $2.81bn in September 2021. With a 9.94% share and deals worth $279.37m, Australia was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s venture financing deal value across payments industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 20 deals during September 2021, marking an increase of 122.22% over the previous month and a rise of 81.82% over the 12-month average. Singapore recorded four deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific payments industry venture financing deals in September 2021: Top deals
The top five payments industry venture financing deals accounted for 83.8% of the overall value during September 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments venture financing deals stood at $717.37m, against the overall value of $855.7m recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry venture financing deals of September 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 1835i Ventures,DST Global,G Squared,Lone Pine Capital,Salesforce Ventures,Sequoia Capital China and Vetamer Capital Management $200m venture financing deal with Airwallex
2) The $150m venture financing of Xendit by Accel,Amasia Ventures,Goat Capital and Tiger Global Management
3) ANT Group,Bow Wave Capital Management and Charoen Pokphand Group $150m venture financing deal with Ascend Money
4) The $138m venture financing of Xtransfer by D1 Capital Partners and Lavender Hill Capital Partners
5) Akuna Capital,Avenir Growth Capital,Regal Funds Management and Woodson Capital Management $79.37m venture financing deal with Till Payments