The $250m venture financing of VNLIFE Corporation Joint Stock was the payments industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.7bn were announced globally in July 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 33.2% over the previous month of $2.56bn and a rise of 36.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.25bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $596.18m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $587.18m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for payments industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2021 was the US with 27 deals, followed by the UK with seven and India with five.
In 2021, as of July, payments venture financing deals worth $13.84bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 313.4% year on year.
payments industry venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five payments industry venture financing deals accounted for 50.7% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments venture financing deals stood at $869.72m, against the overall value of $1.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) VNLIFE Corporation Joint Stock $250m venture financing deal with Dragoneer Investment Group,EDBI,General Atlantic Service Company,GIC,PayPal Ventures and SoftBank Vision Fund 1
2) The $249.32m venture financing of Lunar by Heartland Financial USA,Kinnevik and Tencent Holdings
3) Soldo Financial Services $180m venture financing deal with Accel,Battery Ventures,Citi Ventures,Dawn Capital,Sunley House Capital Management and Temasek Holdings (Private)
4) The $80.4m venture financing of NIUM by Beacon Venture Capital,Global Founders Capital,Rajaram Family Trust,Riverwood Capital,Rocket Internet and Vertex Growth Fund
5) Zilch Technology $110m venture financing deal with DMG ventures and Goldman Sachs Asset Management Private Equity