Total payments industry deals worth $6.3bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $2.66bn private equity deal with Moneygram International being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 200.5% over the previous month of $2.08bn and a drop of 14.03% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.27bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 2.53% with 81 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 79 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $3.51bn in February 2022.
payments industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 76.7% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.79bn, against the overall value of $6.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Madison Dearborn Capital Partners $2.66bn private equity deal with Moneygram International
2) The $788.31m acquisition of LIS Holding by PostePay
3) FSI $559.41m private equity deal for 60% stake in BCC Pay
4) The $497m venture financing of Scalapay by Deimos Ventures,Fasanara Capital Credit Strategies Fund,Moore Capital Management,Rakesh Gangwal,Tencent Holdings,Tiger Global Management and Willoughby Capital Management
5) Integrum Holdings $290m private equity deal with Merchant e-Solutions
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.