Total Payments industry deals worth $4bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the Bolt Financial $1.5bn acquisition of Wyre being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 23.1% over the previous month of $5.15bn and a drop of 46.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.4bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 7.50% with 74 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 80 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $2.02bn in April 2022.
Payments industry deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 77.7% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.07bn, against the overall value of $4bn recorded for the month.
The top five Payments industry deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bolt Financial $1.5bn acquisition deal with Wyre
2) The $764.98m acquisition of Leumi Card by Clal Insurance Enterprises Holdings
3) BlackRock,Fidelity Investments,Fin Capital and Marshall Wace $400m private equity deal with Circle Internet Financial
4) The $210m acquisition of Voyager Innovations by EDBI,First PacificLimited,IFC Emerging Asia Fund,IFC Financial Institutions Growth Fund,International Finance Corporation(US),KKRInc,PLDT,SIG Venture Capital and Tencent Holdings
5) Wei Zhou $200m acquisition deal with Coins.ph
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.