Total payments industry deals worth $4.3bn were announced globally for March 2022, with the $575m acquisition of Finaro being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 21.2% over the previous month of $5.39bn and a drop of 42.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.35bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 6.10% with 77 deals in March 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 82 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $1.88bn in March 2022.
payments industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 40% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.7bn, against the overall value of $4.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shift4 Payments $575m acquisition deal with Finaro
2) The $360m private equity deal for 49% stake in Prisma Medios de Pago by Advent International
3) Bain Capital Ventures,BlackRock,Galaxy Digital,Greycroft Partners,Industry Ventures Fund IV,Owl Rock Capital,Senator Investment Group,Thirty Five Ventures,Torch Capital and TPG Capital $300m venture financing deal with Acorns Grow
4) The $245m venture financing of FattMerchant by Blue Star Innovation Partners,Greater Sum Ventures and HarbourVest Partners
5) First American Financial,Foundry Group,Mauricio Umansky,National Association of Realtors,Night Shyamalan and RRE Ventures $220m venture financing deal with Knockaway
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.