Total payments industry deals worth $3.7bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $800m venture financing of Mollie being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 23.6% over the previous month of $2.97bn and a rise of 52.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.41bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 11.11% with 70 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 63 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with deals worth $1.33bn in June 2021.
payments industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 72% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $2.64bn, against the overall value of $3.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alkeon Capital, Blackstone Growth, EQT Growth, General Atlantic, HMI Capital and TCV’s $800m venture financing of Mollie
2) The $750m venture financing of NU Pagamentos by Berkshire Hathaway, MSA Capital and Sands Capital Ventures
3) Advent International’s $430m private equity deal with Ebanx
4) The $410m private equity deal of Viva Republica by Alkeon Capital, Altos Ventures, Greyhound Capital Europe and Korea Development Bank
5) SoftBank Latin America Fund and Viking Global Investors’ venture financing deal with PayClip for $250m.