Total payments industry deals for August 2019 worth $4.82bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 182.5% over the previous month and a drop of 26.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.54bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 30.3% over the last 12-month average with 43 deals against the average of 33 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $4.33bn.
Payments industry deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 93.3% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $4.49bn, against the overall value of $4.82bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mastercard’s $3.18bn asset transaction with Nets
2) The $666.27m private equity deal with Heidelpay by KKR
3) BlackRock, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Dragoneer Investment Group, Forsta AP-fonden, HMI Capital, IPGL, IVP LuxCo and Merian Chrysalis Investment’s $460m private equity deal with Klarna Bank
4) The $120m venture financing of Dreamplug Technologies by Ajit Mittal, Akshay Kothari, Alan Mamedi, Amrish Rau, Anxa Holding, DF International Partners, Dragoneer Investment Group, Gemini Investments (Holdings), General Catalyst Partners, Greenoaks Capital Management, Haresh Chawla, Hillhouse Capital Group, Jitendra Gupta, Mukesh Bansal, Ribbit Capital, RTP Global, Sequoia Capital India, Sriram Krishnan. and Tiger Global Management
5) Repay Holdings’s acquisition of TriSource Solutions for $65m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.