Total payments industry cross border venture financing deals worth $6.8bn were announced globally in Q3 2021, led by $400m venture financing of O-Play Digital Services, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 20.1% over the previous quarter and a rise of 133.9% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $2.89bn.
Comparing cross border deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals worth $1.99bn in the period. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.96bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for payments industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in Q3 2021 was the US with 20 deals, followed by the UK with nine and Singapore with seven.
In 2021, at the end of , cross border venture financing deals worth $6.8bn were announced globally in payments industry, marking a decrease of 582.3% year on year.
Cross Border venture financing deals in payments industry in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals in payments industry accounted for 25.3% of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.71bn, against the overall value of $6.8bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five payments industry cross border venture financing deals of Q3 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 3W Capital,Longzhu Capital ,Meituan Dianping,Redpoint China Ventures.,Sequoia Capital China,SoftBank Ventures Asia,SoftBank Vision Fund II and Source Code Capital $400m venture financing deal with O-Play Digital Services
2) The $370m venture financing of BharatPe by Amplo,Coatue Management,Dragoneer Investment Group,Insight Partners,Ribbit Capital,Sequoia Capital India,Steadfast Capital and Tiger Global Management
3) 166 2nd,D1 Capital,Endeavor Catalyst,Goldman Sachs Asset Management International Holdings,Greyhound Capital Europe,Isaac Lee Possin,Jacqueline Reses,Monashees Capital,Ribbit Capital,SoftBank Latin America Fund,Soros Fund Management and Tencent $350m venture financing deal with Bancar Tecnologia SAU
4) The $300m venture financing of Rapyd Financial Network (2016) by Altimeter Capital Management,Avid Ventures,BlackRock Funds Services Group,Dragoneer Investment Group,Durable Capital Partners,Fidelity Management & Research,General Catalyst Partners,Latitude (UK),Spark Capital Partners,TaL Capital,Target Global and Whale Rock Capital Management
5) (US),Accel Partners – UK,Farallon Capital Management,LeapFrog Investments and TCV $292m venture financing deal with WorldRemit