Led by $370m venture financing of BharatPe, total payments industry cross border venture financing deals worth $1.8bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q3 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 49.2% over the previous quarter and a rise of 157.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $695.91m.
Asia-Pacific held a 26.48% share of the global payments industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $6.76bn in Q3 2021. With a 5.58% share and deals worth $377.1m, India was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s cross border venture financing deal value across payments industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 25 cross border deals during Q3 2021, marking a flat growth over the previous quarter and a rise of 40.85% over the last four-quarter average. Singapore recorded seven deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific payments industry cross border venture financing deals in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals accounted for 65.5% of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.17bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five payments cross border deals of Q3 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amplo,Coatue Management,Dragoneer Investment Group,Insight Partners,Ribbit Capital,Sequoia Capital India,Steadfast Capital and Tiger Global Management $370m venture financing deal with BharatPe
2) The $250m venture financing of VNLIFE Corporation Joint Stock by Dragoneer Investment Group,EDBI,General Atlantic Service Company,GIC,PayPal Ventures and SoftBank Vision Fund 1
3) Arjun Sethi,Atinum Investment,Beacon Venture Capital,Rajaram Family Trust,Riverwood Capital,Rocket Internet,Temasek Holdings (Private),Vertex Growth Fund,Vicky Bindra and Visa $200m venture financing deal with NIUM
4) The $200m venture financing of Airwallex by 1835i Ventures,DST Global,G Squared,Lone Pine Capital,Salesforce Ventures,Sequoia Capital China and Vetamer Capital Management
5) Accel,Amasia Ventures,Goat Capital and Tiger Global Management $150m venture financing deal with Xendit
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.