Led by $370m venture financing of BharatPe, total payments industry cross border venture financing deals worth $1.8bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q3 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 49.2% over the previous quarter and a rise of 157.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $695.91m.
Asia-Pacific held a 26.48% share of the global payments industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $6.76bn in Q3 2021. With a 5.58% share and deals worth $377.1m, India was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s cross border venture financing deal value across payments industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 25 cross border deals during Q3 2021, marking a flat growth over the previous quarter and a rise of 40.85% over the last four-quarter average. Singapore recorded seven deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific payments industry cross border venture financing deals in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals accounted for 65.5% of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.17bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five payments cross border deals of Q3 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amplo,Coatue Management,Dragoneer Investment Group,Insight Partners,Ribbit Capital,Sequoia Capital India,Steadfast Capital and Tiger Global Management $370m venture financing deal with BharatPe
2) The $250m venture financing of VNLIFE Corporation Joint Stock by Dragoneer Investment Group,EDBI,General Atlantic Service Company,GIC,PayPal Ventures and SoftBank Vision Fund 1
3) Arjun Sethi,Atinum Investment,Beacon Venture Capital,Rajaram Family Trust,Riverwood Capital,Rocket Internet,Temasek Holdings (Private),Vertex Growth Fund,Vicky Bindra and Visa $200m venture financing deal with NIUM
4) The $200m venture financing of Airwallex by 1835i Ventures,DST Global,G Squared,Lone Pine Capital,Salesforce Ventures,Sequoia Capital China and Vetamer Capital Management
5) Accel,Amasia Ventures,Goat Capital and Tiger Global Management $150m venture financing deal with Xendit