The $400m venture financing of OPay Digital Services was the payments industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.8bn were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 40% over the previous month of $1.25bn and a rise of 95.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $893.89m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $639.15m. At the country level, the UK topped the list in terms of deal value at $603.35m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for payments industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then Middle East and Africa.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the India with four deals, followed by the UK with four and the US with four.
In 2021, as of August, payments cross border venture financing deals worth $10.89bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 1233.2% year on year.
payments industry cross border venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five payments industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 89.6% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five payments cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.57bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry cross border venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 3W Capital,Longzhu Capital ,Meituan Dianping,Redpoint China Ventures.,Sequoia Capital China,SoftBank Ventures Asia,SoftBank Vision Fund II and Source Code Capital $400m venture financing deal with OPay Digital Services
2) The $370m venture financing of BharatPe by Amplo,Coatue Management,Dragoneer Investment Group,Insight Partners,Ribbit Capital,Sequoia Capital India,Steadfast Capital and Tiger Global Management
3) Altimeter Capital Management,Avid Ventures,BlackRock Funds Services Group,Dragoneer Investment Group,Durable Capital Partners,Fidelity Management & Research,General Catalyst Partners,Latitude (UK),Spark Capital Partners,TaL Capital,Target Global and Whale Rock Capital Management $300m venture financing deal with Rapyd Financial Network (2016)
4) The $292m venture financing of WorldRemit by (US),Accel Partners – UK,Farallon Capital Management,LeapFrog Investments and TCV
5) Altimeter Capital Management,Amex Ventures,B Capital Group,Sapphire Ventures and Tiger Global Management $210m venture financing deal with FalconX