Total payments industry cross border deals worth $3.4bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $800m venture financing of Mollie being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 75% over the previous month of $1.92bn and a rise of 175.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.22bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 50.00% with 39 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 26 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with cross border deals worth $1.27bn in June 2021.
payments industry cross border deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 78.5% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $2.64bn, against the overall value of $3.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry cross border deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alkeon Capital, Blackstone Growth, EQT Growth, General Atlantic, HMI Capital and TCV’s $800m venture financing of Mollie
2) The $750m venture financing of NU Pagamentos by Berkshire Hathaway, MSA Capital and Sands Capital Ventures
3) Advent International’s $430m private equity deal with Ebanx
4) The $410m private equity deal of Viva Republica by Alkeon Capital, Altos Ventures, Greyhound Capital Europe and Korea Development Bank
5) SoftBank Latin America Fund and Viking Global Investors’ venture financing deal with PayClip for $250m.