Total Payments industry cross border deals worth $1.5bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the $621.67m venture financing of SumUp Payments being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 51.5% over the previous month of $970.09m and a drop of 71.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.17bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 8.33% with 39 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 36 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $939.49m in June 2022.
Payments industry cross border deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 71.6% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $1.05bn, against the overall value of $1.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five Payments industry cross border deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) B Capital Tech Opportunities,BlackRock,btov Partners,Centerbridge Partners,Crestline Investors,Fin Capital and Sentinel Dome Partners $621.67m venture financing deal with SumUp Payments
2) The $158m venture financing of Entrepreneur First by a16z,Bloomsbury AI,Claire Hughes Johnson,Credit Kudos,Deeptide,Elad Gil,GV Management Co,John Collison,Lachy Groom,Magic Pony Technology,Matt Mullenweg,Matt Robinson,Nat Friedman,PassFort,Patrick Collison,Reid Hoffman,Sara Clemens,Sarah Leary,Scape Group,Sequoia Capital Operations,SoftBank Group,Sonantic,Taavet Hinrikus and Tom Blomfield
3) Clocktower Ventures,DILA Capital,Kaszek Ventures and SoftBank Latin America Fund $100m venture financing deal with Kushki
4) The $90m venture financing of Klar by Acrew Capital,Endeavor Catalyst,General Atlantic,IFC Catalyst Fund,Mouro Capital,Prosus Ventures,Quona Capital Management and Western Technology Investment
5) Brunei Investment Agency,Endiya Partners,Sistema Asia Capital,VentureEast,Vertex Growth Fund and Vertex VenturesAsia & India $80m venture financing deal with OnEMi Technology Solutions
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.