Total payments industry cross border deals worth $1.1bn were announced globally for August 2022, with The Saudi Public Investment Fund $379.06m private equity deal for 25% stake in e-finance for Digital and Financial Investments S.A.E. being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 91% over the previous month of $586.48m and a drop of 77.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $5.04bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 25.64% with 29 deals in August 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 39 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $544.3m in August 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
payments industry cross border deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 82.2% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $919.06m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry cross border deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Saudi Public Investment Fund $379.06m private equity deal for 25% stake in e-finance for Digital and Financial Investments S.A.E.
2) The $250m venture financing of PT Espay Debit Indonesia Koe by Lazada Group and Sinar Mas
3) Norwest Venture Partners, Piramal Capital and Housing Finance and The Rise Fund $110m venture financing deal with Early SalaryLtd.
4) The $100m venture financing of Nakhla IT Systems by Checkout, Coatue Management, Endeavor Catalyst, Sanabil Investments and Shorooq Partners
5) Vontier $80m acquisition deal with Invenco Group