The $621.67m venture financing of SumUp Payments was the Payments industry’s top venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.8bn were announced globally in June 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 58.04% over the previous month of $1.12bn and a drop of 6.8% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.9bn.
Comparing venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.04bn. At the country level, the UK topped the list in terms of deal value at $877.07m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for Payments industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then North America.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2022 was the US with eight deals, followed by the UK with seven and France with seven.
In 2022, as of June, Payments venture financing deals worth $8.22bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 32.4% year on year.
Payments industry venture financing deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five Payments industry venture financing deals accounted for 63.3% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five Payments venture financing deals stood at $1.12bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five Payments industry venture financing deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) B Capital Tech Opportunities,BlackRock,btov Partners,Centerbridge Partners,Crestline Investors,Fin Capital and Sentinel Dome Partners $621.67m venture financing deal with SumUp Payments
2) The $158m venture financing of Entrepreneur First by a16z,Bloomsbury AI,Claire Hughes Johnson,Credit Kudos,Deeptide,Elad Gil,GV Management Co,John Collison,Lachy Groom,Magic Pony Technology,Matt Mullenweg,Matt Robinson,Nat Friedman,PassFort,Patrick Collison,Reid Hoffman,Sara Clemens,Sarah Leary,Scape Group,Sequoia Capital Operations,SoftBank Group,Sonantic,Taavet Hinrikus and Tom Blomfield
3) Adams Street Partners,B Capital Group,GIC,Thoma Bravo,Tiger Global Management and Wellington ManagementLLP $150m venture financing deal with FalconX
4) The $100m venture financing of Kushki by Clocktower Ventures,DILA Capital,Kaszek Ventures and SoftBank Latin America Fund
5) Acrew Capital,Endeavor Catalyst,General Atlantic,IFC Catalyst Fund,Mouro Capital,Prosus Ventures,Quona Capital Management and Western Technology Investment $90m venture financing deal with Klar