Total payments industry deals for October 2020 worth $1.38bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 22.2% over the previous month and a drop of 39.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.28bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 18.9% over the last 12-month average with 44 deals against the average of 37 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $1.14bn.
Payments industry deals in October 2020: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 86.4% of the overall value during October 2020.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $1.19bn, against the overall value of $1.38bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of October 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Syncapay’s $488.42m acquisition of Wirecard North America
2) The $450m acquisition of Lon Operations by Alliance Data Systems
3) Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Sequoia Capital India, GIC, Tiger Global Management and Y Combinator Management’s $100m venture financing of Razorpay Software
4) The $93m acquisition of CPS Payment Services by Repay Holdings
5) Innova Capital’s private equity deal with PayPoint Services and Payzone for $60.85m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.